The No. 1 resort in Central America, Hacienda AltaGracia offers a landmark of prestige in an unexplored area of Costa Rica: Perez Zeledon. Guests can immerse in nature and the lush countryside while enjoying handcrafted care and luxury across every space. There are 50 individual hacienda-style casitas, each with sweeping views of Costa Rica’s San Isidro Valley and nearby mountains. These highlands are relatively unexplored and we can show it by air, on horseback, a mountain bike or on foot!
for a memorable escape
MAKE YOUR CLIENT’S NEXT SPECIAL TRIP EXTRAORDINARY.
Top Five Reasons your clients will thank you for choosing
- Costa Rica is one of the world’s Happiest Places according to the Happy Planet Index and you’ll notice it in the team at Hacienda AltaGraica. They have warmth, a welcoming attitude and a willingness to help!
- There is endless adventure! Hike in the forest, go horseback riding, mountain biking, select produce on a farm, both adults and children pools, or take to the sky in an Ultralight plane!
- The arrival experience sets the tone. A private charter landing on the resorts’ airstrip or a transfer by car over the Cerro de la Muerte mountain.
- A dynamic roster of tours to connect guests with nature and each other with programs ranging from Life on the Farm visiting a local sugarcane farmer, Cedral Coffee Plantation where farmers grow coffee in a co-op sharing the labor and harvest, Namu Waterfalls, Los Cusingos the wildlife refuge where some of the areas most exotic of birds can be seen or our Ultralight flight tours showcasing the best of Costa Rica.
- Guests can experience the two most celebrated properties of Central America pairing us with our sister property in Nicaragua, Mukul to offer a coast to countryside experience like no other.
Learn all about Costa Rica’s cowboy culture on horseback; ride through pastures and rainforests and enjoy all the stunning wildlife and nature along the way.
Considered one of the most biodiverse regions in the world, Costa Rica is divided in 20 natural parks, 8 biological reserves, and a series of protected areas that captivate wildlife and nature lovers.
Zip Lining is a unique and exciting way to explore Costa Rica’s lush and fertile rainforest regions. There is nothing better than taking in the country’s beautiful surroundings from the air, hanging from the treetops.
Take on the white waters of Savegre, Guabo, General and Pacuare Rivers - each of which offer a different experience, full of adrenaline, adventure and lots of excitement.
- One of the Top 100 Hotels in the World and one of the Top Resort Hotels in Central America – Travel + Leisure World’s 2018 Best Awards
- No. 1 Top Resort in Central America – 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- No. 1 Resort Hotel in Central America – Travel + Leisure’s 2017 World’s Best Award
- No. 20 World’s Top Hotels – Travel + Leisure’s 2017 World’s Best Award
- One of the Top 10 Luxury Hotels – Central America – 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice
- One of the World’s Best New Hotels – Conde Nast Traveler Hot List 2016